For Builder, Architects and Fire Chiefs
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
Our one hour course will describe the evolution of light wood framed construction along with mass timber high rise and why Mighty Fire Breaker™ is an effective method to defend affordable wood framed housing from the arson crisis. Our team will also discuss how fire poses significant threats to mid-rise light wood framed buildings under-construction and the possibility of raw mass timber buildings. We will also explore fire protection strategies and how to design safer and more sustainable buildings for occupants and first responders. Finally, we will review how fire inhibitors may contribute to LEED v4 BD+C projects.der risk.
- 1. Describe the history of wood frame construction in the United States and the environmental impact of wood products derived from premature tree harvesting.
- 2. Review why mid-rise light wood-frame buildings burn down so frequently during the framing phase of construction.
- 3. Identify fire protection strategies to design safer and more sustainable buildings for occupants and first responders.
- 4. Explain how wood products treated with fire inhibitors may contribute to LEED v4 BD+C projects at a much greater value when the carbon in wood framed buildings is documented.
- 5. Describe how M-Fire can add E84 extended to E119 on all mass timber that could have a significant impact on Underwriters premiums to help make CLT more competitive to concrete and steel.
- 6. Learn how M Fire Suppression Inc. makes supplying critical information to the Fire Chiefs our highest priority. By doing this we think we can save more wood framed buildings from complete fire loss.
- 7. Typically wood framed buildings that are unoccupied are left to burn because Fire Chiefs are not sending firefighters in a raw wood buildings unless the information at hands proves the fire is different and struggling to advance.
Sign Up Now!
Sponsored By: M-Fire Suppression, Inc.
Presented By: Steve Conboy